Get the full picture of the Apple registration process: Install on iOS
Before you start, unless you already have an account, you need to sign up to the:
Apple iOS Developer Program
This is where you will get all the required assets:
Tutorial: Certificate Demystified
- Apple certificate (
- Apple provision profile (
- Bundle ID (
com.company.***) – you can find it in your Apple certificate.
Apple uses Certificates to authenticate you apps.
You need to have only one production certificate for your account, for all your apps.
Learn more: Certificate Demystified
Certificate Creation Workflow
|If you Already have a Certificate|
Do not create a new one.
Upload your Provisionning
If you don't have any Certificate
Create a CertificateStep 1: Create a CSR
If you have an expired Certificate
You need to renew the Certificate
Same as for New: You need to
Create a Certificate.
Step 1: Create a CSR
Push Notifications require a different kind of Certificate
Certificate for Push Notifications
|Create a Certificate|
for Push Notifications
To learn more directly from Apple consult Managing your signing and provisioning assets
IMPORTANT: Cert Management
- When you create a certificate, it has a lifetime of one or two years, depending on Apple's limitations.
- iOS Certs and Android Keystores are put in your Root Workspace
- Provisioning files need to go in the same directory as the app.
- However we do search upwards for Wildcard iOS Provisioning files
- Wildcards in provisioning can only be used in AdHoc builds
Once you have successfully created and uploaded a Certificate, it is time to add Provisioning: