Some tutorials for configuring Omniture are available here.
In order to configure Omniture reporting with you EachScape apps, you must provide the following information to EachScape.
Before using Omniture, an EachScape employee must set up some values for your organization. Provide these to your EachScape contact.
- The Reporting Suite ID which is specific to a particular app.
- The Omniture Data Center (DC) parameter or the Tracking Server and Tracking Server Secure parameters. The DC parameter is a 3-digit number.
- The Omniture Visitor Namespace
Second, in the EachScape Builder, select App Edit and choose the Reporting tab, supply the following item.
- Omniture Reporting Suite ID which is the reporting suite supplied by Omniture
- Reporting Variables which allows you to input all the prop/eVar values that is to be used to track each view. There are two types of reporting variables that can be set, static and dynamic.
- A static variable is set when the app is launched and is not re-evaluated again. This is typically used for any static text, setting the OS version, etc.
- A dynamic variable is evaluated each time before it is sent to Omniture. This is typically used for view names, sections, and any other value that would change over the course of the app running.
- Each line consists of 3 pieces, separated by a space
- Ordered List Item The word “static” or “dynamic”
- The name of the variable, such as “pagename” or “prop25” or “eVar3”, etc.
- The remainder of the line is an expression that will be evaluated to set the variable.
- Note that all these values will be sent to Omniture each time the View changes. Layer changes do not get reported to Omniture.
The following is an example of Reporting Variables for an app
static prop3 My News App static prop8 Company A static prop12 App A Mobile | Blog static prop25 Online static prop26 Android Application static prop44 [[dict:_os:capitalize]]: [[sys:osVersion]] static prop45 1.00 static eVar44 [[dict:_os:capitalize]]: [[sys:osVersion]] dynamic pageName My News App : [[dict:section]] : [[sys:viewReportingName]] dynamic prop4 [[dict:section]] dynamic prop5 [[sys:viewReportingName]] dynamic eVar37 [[dict:section]]
Some useful expressions are shown below
- [[sys:osVersion]] gives the OS version number
- [[sys:viewReportingName]] is set in the Reporting Name field in the View Edit page. If this is left blank, [[sys:viewReportingName]] will return the View Name set up in the Builder, otherwise it will return the value set in the Reporting Name field. Note that you can force a blank value by using an non-existing dictionary key name, such as [[dict:blank]]. value set in the Reporting Name field. NOTE: To set a blank value you can do something like [[dict:blank]].
Note that in each View (in the View Edit page of the Builder) you can set the Reporting Name, but if you don't the View name will be used to calculate the [[sys:viewReportingName]] as describe in the previous paragraph. It may be convenient at times to use an expression in the View Reporting Name such as a datasource value like [[ds:/My Blog/item/name]] rather than a constant value.