EachScape apps can be configured to use 3rd party Analytic systems, such as
These integrations depends on the plan you subscribe to.
- You can also use EachScape's reporting system.
EachScape Reporting Set Up
To turn on EachScape reporting:
- Go to App Edit
- Select the 3rd Party Tab
- Select 'Reporting' then 'EachScape Reporting'
- Select 'Yes'
Unless you configure reporting, your app will have none. Read the following sections to determine the relevant information needed to add tracking to your app.
EachScape reporting has an asynchronous nature, so reports are delayed in arriving at our server.
The logging capabilities of EachScape apps relies on capturing small bits of information as users progress through the app and then intermittently sending that data up for analysis. This results in an asynchronous reporting environment, which gives it some distinct differences from web reporting.
- Smartphones on GSM networks such as AT&T and T-Mobile do not have synchronized clocks: people can choose to let the carrier network set the time on the device, but not always. On those devices that are not phones, the setting of the time is up to the whim of the user, always.
- Because the transmission of activity is asynchronous, it tends to lag behind actual usage. In other words, let's say you go through several actions in the app, they might be buffered up and not sent when the app shuts down. They will be stored until the next session, when they might be sent. Whether the activity is sent during the same session or not will depending on two factors: the logging module in the app waits until it has “enough” to send rather than constantly sending each loggable event one at a time (called “buffering”). Also, if there is no network available, the logged events will be buffered for future transmission.
These two characteristics, potentially inaccurate timestamps and buffered transmission of reports, result in a few scenarios that the reporting system must deal with.
- Any reports that arrive and have a timestamp more than 27 days before the current date or 2 days after the current date will be ignored. So if the time is woefully off on the device or there are more than 4 weeks of elapsed time between two sessions of the app, that activity will not appear in the reports.
- Google Analytic
- Adobe Marketing Cloud (Omniture)