SDK users need to write descriptors for blocks they are defining.
The edit page for the block explains the descriptor syntax.
This is a comprehensive list of the field types supported by the descriptor definition language:
- checkbox Displays a checkbox
- collection Display a drop-down list of Cloud Collections that have been associated with the app as Data Sources.
- color Displays a color picking dialog.
- custom_block Displays a drop-down list of Custom Blocks.
- dimension Displays a text input area that accepts integers, percentage values and expressions
- feed Displays a drop-down list of Data Sources.
- feed_field Displays a drow-down list of Data Source fields. This will rely on the closest preceding feed descriptor to to the feed_field.
- field_or_expr Similar to a feed_field, but it will also allow the option of entering an expression.
- font_spec Displays a font-picker dialog.
- font_style Displays a drop-down list of font styles, such as Italic, Bold, etc.
- gravity Displays a 9-cell graphic allow the user to select one of sides or corners.
- height (This has been deprecated.)
- html (Using this will produce unpredictable results as it is tied to a particular block.)
- image Displays an image thumbnail, which when clicked allows the user to select an image from the Media Folder. See table below for the names of all of the image field types you can use to limit the appearance of image scaling options and/or data source input.
- key (This has been deprecated.)
- layer Displays a drop-down list of Layers defined in this app.
- margin Displays 4 text input fields for entry of top-, right-, bottom-, and left-edge margins.
- text Displays a text input area which allows the entry of expressions.
- textBox (This has been deprecated.)
- text_box Displays a text input area which allows the entry of expressions.
- text_only Displays a text input area which does not allow the entry of expressions.
- transition Displays a drop-down list of transition types.
- url (This has been deprecated)
- variable_name Displays a text input area that accepts the name of a variable. Variable names are highly restricted in what characters may be used.
- view This displays a drop-down list of Views in the app.
- widget (This has been deprecated.)
Field types for Image Picker:
image: Access to Media Folder AND Remote Data & Expression AND image scaling.
image_noscaling: Access to Media Folder AND Remote Data & Expression but NOT to image scaling.
image_nodatasource: Access to Media Folder AND image scaling but NOT to Remote Data & Expression.
image_nodatasource_noscaling: Access to Media Folder ONLY.
if you want the Image Picker to provide access to Media Folder and Image Scaling but not to Remote Data & Expressions then you need to select the one described in the 3rd column: image_nodatasource
- Descriptors Syntax